As your mentor David Brett-Williams can help you do the following:
- Gain valuable advice – David can offer you valuable insight into what it takes to get ahead. He will be your guide and “sounding board” for ideas, helping you decide on the best course of action in difficult situations. You may learn shortcuts that help you work more effectively and avoid “reinventing the wheel.”
- Develop your knowledge and skills – As your mentor, David can help you identify the skills and expertise you need to succeed. He will teach you what you need to know or advise you on where to go for the information you need.
- Improve your communication skills – Just like your mentor, you may also learn to communicate more effectively, which can further help you at work.
- Learn new perspectives – Again, you can learn new ways of thinking from your mentor, just as your mentor can learn from you.
- Build your network – David can offer an opportunity to expand your existing network of personal and professional contacts.
- Advance your career – A mentor helps you stay focused and on track in your career through advice, skills development, networking, and much more.
- Help you create a clear vision of your future
- Clarify your goals
- Overcome barriers to change
- Recognise your strengths
- Learn about yourself and what is important to you
- Develop an Action Plan