Motivate and Inspire Yourself
with the latest podcast
The Honour the Grind Podcast is created for people who seek to transform the reaches of their ideas into real life value to help their entrepreneurial journey.
This Podcast gives you access to David’s proven strategies for success so you can accomplish your goals, too. Whether you’re
looking for insight into how to build a bigger business or deepen your relationships, you have access to all the tactics David uses in his own life.
Browse the large selection of one-minute episodes featuring insightful lessons and facts from David Brett-Williams.
Make meaningful changes in your life in less than a minute. You don’t need to clatter your brain.
You only need relevant and easy to digest stories to inspire you to take action.
What is the ego?
“Just one thing keeps ego around— comfort.”
-Ryan Holiday, Ego is the Enemy
In other words, do difficult work.
It’s hard to have an ego when you are constantly taking on difficult challenges.
Ego arises when you think you are better than others or better than you really are.
The goal here isn’t to beat yourself down, of course not. The goal is to learn where your strengths and weakness truly lie.
Ego creates a foggy view of the world.
There are many other things that you can use to help check your ego.
- Do intense workouts. You’ll realize soon that you weren’t as fit or strong as you thought.
- Start public speaking. The confidence you thought you had tends to go right out the window when you try to stand in front of a room of people and make a logical speech.
- Write something online. You think you can communicate until you try to put together an intelligent article that other people will see and judge.
- Try reading a philosophical book. Read any of the classic philosophers and see how much you understand your first try, probably not much.
- Wake up early. You’ll learn how disciplined you really are when the alarm goes off at 5 a.m. and you have a decision to make.
When you do difficult things like these, you start to understand yourself better.
How Can You Change Your Life?
Do you want to change your life? If the answer is yes, you’re off to a great start then. Getting started is always very hard I know that but if you truly want to change then change the way you see your world.
See things in a positive sense, be grateful and remember it’s OK to make mistakes and get frustrated sometimes, it’s OK to forget being positive, all you need to remember is don’t rush into it.
It’s OK and actually better to start with little changes and little efforts.
In the end, it’s all about choice, if you have chosen to change yourself then it’s up to you whether you remain negative or positive, your success is waiting for you and all you need to do is see it.
Things you can start doing now to change your life:
1. Start thinking long term
“Long-term planning is often undervalued by our indefinite short-term world.”
— Peter Thiel
2. Start being accountable
“Focus on being productive instead of busy”
— Tim Ferris
3. Start making lists
“The checklist is one of the most high powered productivity tool ever discovered.”
— Brian Tracy
4. Start journaling
“I write because I don’t know what I think until I read what I say.”
— Flannery O’connor
5. Start simplifying
“Focus is a matter of deciding what things you’re not going to do”
— John Carmack
6. Start saying no
“The difference between successful people and really successful people is that really successful people say no to almost everything.”
— Warren Buffet
7. Start technological detox
There is no wifi in the forest, but you will definitely find a better connection.
8. Start reading more
”Reading is to the mind what exercise is to the body.”
— Joseph Addisson
9. Start living more healthy
“When we keep borrowing against our future by poorly protecting our energy, there is a predictable outcome of either slowly running out of gas or prematurely crashing and burning.”
— Gary Keller
10. Start mindfulness
“I find hope in the darkest of days, and focus in the brightest. I do not judge the universe.”
— Dalai Lama
What is Authority?
Authority usually means the right to give orders. A sergeant has authority over the soldiers he outranks. Haile Selassie had authority over the entire nation of Ethiopia when he was emperor.
The key quality is that authority is conferred by a hierarchal system.
Such a system gives a principal/headmaster authority over students and a police officer authority over citizens.
To be responsible implies being conscious and considerate for others.
Does your messy room mean your parents or someone else has to clean up after you, who might have spent that time doing other useful matters?
Does your addiction to computers mean that you are playing games at the library when someone else could be using that computer to complete a homework assignment or look up important records?
Or that you’re taking away time from homework you should be doing for fun instead?
Achieving Your Goals?
Keeping yourself focused on achieving your goals, especially if it’s a long-term goal is not an easy task at all. It requires enormous effort to stick to your goal or you may end up losing motivation on it.
These simple steps can help you avoid wandering on your goals and make the most out of your time in achieving them:
- Define your goal: If you do not have a clear definition of where you want to go or what you want to achieve, it is difficult to achieve it.
- Visualize your triumph: Imagine the triumph every day and this will encourage you to continue with more strength.
- Do not deviate from your path: Each step you take, make sure that it takes you to your goal. If you deviate from the path, maybe later you can return but you will lose a lot of time.
- Do not get discouraged by the opposite situations: There will always be bad situations, but do not get discouraged with it. It takes a lot of strength and keeps going despite everything.
- Assume responsibilities: If you do your part, it is sure that as a consequence you have very good results.
- Focus: Keep your eyes focused only on your goal, do not turn to see the sides or backward. Walk forward and you will arrive.
- Do one thing at a time: Only one thing at a time to be able to put all our attention on it and do it well.
- Maintain excellence: Be sure to be excellent in every detail.
There is always something to learn: Seek help from professionals and maintain humility.
What Are Circumstances?
Circumstances are not only your present body, mental condition, and attitude but they’re are also your immediate surroundings and how they impact you or can potentially impact you.
We are caught in many circumstances and we have to do our best to get out of the bad ones and enjoy the good ones.
There are some circumstances which we can change with personal actions and there are others which we can’t change or are not within our power to change.
With the circumstances which we are unable to change we can choose to ignore them, leave them, or learn to live with them if they are vital to your present survival such as a badly needed job which one may not like or even hate for a duration.